Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Quiet homecoming for Greene

UConn's marathon road trip ended with blue-collar 77-48 win over South Carolina.

Tina Charles led the way with 21 points and 17 rebounds, Maya Moore had 15 points, a career-high eight assists and five steals while Renee Montgomery (13 points) and Tiffany Hayes (11 points) also scored in double figures.

Kalana Greene, playing her first game in South Carolina since leading her Timberland High team to the South Carolina AAA title in 2005, finished with five points and five rebounds.

UConn improves to 11-0 and will play back to back games at the XL Center on Wednesday against Hartford and Saturday versus LSU before opening Big East play on the road against South Florida on Jan. 6.

It was brought to my attention that I stink in math (like that is a news flash). In my preview capsule today, I started that Maya Moore, Tina Charles and Renee Montgomery are on pace to break the school record for most points by three teammates in the same season. That is correct. I stated that the mark was set in 2003 when Diana Taurasi (17.9), Jessica Moore (10.6) and Ann Strother (10.1) combined for 48 points. Actually, it comes out to 38.6 points so I was only off by 9.4 points (not bad by my standards). By my count, the trio of Nykesha Sales (20.9), Svetlana Abrosimova (14.5) and Paige Sauer (11.9) combined for 47.3 points which is currently the gold standard. Moore (18.8), Charles (17.5) and Montgomery (16.3) are on pace to combine for 52.6 points per game. Now if anybody wants me to do their taxes, obviously they like to live dangerously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home