Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Another interesting Bradley experience

I'll say this, flying out of Bradley is never boring.

I get to my valet parking lot at about 5:10 and there is one frantic traveler who expects everybody to move out of the way because he has a 5:40 flight and he's not going to make it. He also gives the business to the driver who is not supposed to leave until he picks everybody up. It took every ounce of self restraint not to suggest to him that perhaps next time he get to the airport a tad bit earlier. Just saying.

Then I get to the kiosk and I am informed that since there was a change in my flight, I am being charged a $150 fee. Excuse me? My travel agent did inform me of a different schedule on my way back from Cincinnati. I got the attention of a ticket agent and even he chuckled at this little surprise. After taking care of me, I heard him telling a co-worker "this is a new one, they were going to charge $150 for a change."

Ran into West Haven football coach Ed McCarthy en route to the security line and saw the Hartford Courant's UConn men's basketball beat writer Mike Anthony as I went to buy some water for the flight.

Since this is a UConn women's basketball blog, I guess it would not be out of place to actually provide some UConn women's basketball-related news.

I touched base with Chaminade Julienne girls' basketball coach Marc Greenberg who coaches UConn commit Samarie Walker. He informed me that their game on Saturday was moved from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. so it is unlikely Walker will be able to be in attendance for Saturday's UConn/Cincinnati game. It's too bad Walker's game wasn't pushed back a couple of hours. If it started at noon, I likely would have made the hour drive to Dayton to see her play. With the game tipping off at 4, that is certainly not an option.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home