Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Friday, May 07, 2010

Jekabsone-Zogota is in the house

Shortly after the Connecticut Sun's 89-46 win over the Polish National Team, Anete Jekabsone-Zogota arrived at Mohegan Sun Arena.

Jekabsone-Zogota will practice for the first time on Sunday and will play in Tuesday's exhibition finale.

Following the game Connecticut Sun coach Mike Thibault also hinted that he may look at the waiver wire to add a player to the squad. Earlier in training camp Thibault said he wasn't planning to pick anybody up off waivers but he was singing a different tune on Friday night.

"I have maybe a couple of things to think about," Thibault said. "I kind of told you the other day that I wasn't really looking at other team's (cuts) but I am going to keep an open mind. I think I owe it to myself to look around a little bit. I am not sure I will do anything different. The big difference will be Sandrine (Gruda, expected to report in early June), Anete and Asjha (Jones, who missed her second straight game while recovering from surgery on her left Achilles tendon) and how it goes. It is trying to figure out how the last piece fits with the rest of it."

Rookies Tina Charles and May Kotsopoulos led the Sun with 15 points each while Kara Lawson had 14 points (all in the first quarter) and Tan White had eight points in a span of 51 seconds in the first quarter.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home