Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Monday, July 12, 2010

USA Basketball announces exhibitions

The XL Center will host two exhibition games in September. On Sept. 10 at 7:30 p.m. the U.S. national team will play Australia and on Sept. 12 at a time yet to be announced, the U.S. will play Spain. Tickets will go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. Spain and Australia will play at 2 p.m. on Sept. 11 at the University of Hartford.

Tickets will be available online at www.ticketmaster.com, through Ticketmaster charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000 and in person at the XL Center box office. Ticket prices range from $10-75.

The U.S. will also hold a training camp beginning Sept. 3 although since the WNBA playoffs will still be going on, the availability of players will be determined by when their WNBA teams are eliminated. No site has been announced for the training camp.

At the risk of a little self promotion, I wanted to mention that my story about UConn commit Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis ran in today's paper. Look for the accompanying video I did to be put up on the website shortly.

Speaking of videos, I would like to thank those people who checked out the videos I took of UConn recruiting targets Elizabeth Williams and Betnijah Laney. They are the fifth and sixth most viewed viedos even though they have been up less than a week and the videos ahead of them have been on the website for months. That should help my cause when I pitch future trips to catch up with UConn recruits.

A little scheduling update, I checked around a bit to see if I could confirm some dates other than the ones previously reported (Baylor on Nov. 16, Sacred Heart on Dec. 5, Holy Cross on Nov. 14) and I was able to confirm that the game at Pacific will be on Dec. 28 at 10 p.m. It will be part of a two-game California swing with a game at Stanford to follow. It's likely that one of those two games could be for win No. 88 in a row, matching the Division I men's basketball record set by UCLA in the 1970s.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home