Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Geno talks about support he's been receiving

UConn women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma met with the media for about two minutes before he teed off in the Travelers Championship Pro-Am on Wednesday.

Obviously, he was asked for his reaction about the impending employee discrimination lawsuit being filed against him by NBA security official Kelley Hardwick and specifically the support he has been receiving from people in Connecticut.

"(It's) just like I thought they would," Auriemma said. "It is always nice to see. I have done a lot for a lot of people in Connecticut so I am not surprised. It's like my wife said 'those people who didn't like me like me less and those people who like me like me the same' so it is a net loss."

Auriemma said he never considered pulling out of the pro-am to avoid being questioned about the lawsuit which was filed last week in New York.

"This is what I do," Auriemma said. "I am not going to let anything change the way I go about my job, the way I go about my life. I f I was scared of anything I wouldn't be out here but I am not."

Finally, he was asked if the lawsuit would be a distraction in the preparation for the Olympics.

"It better not be and I don't think it will be because we've got  players who have won an Olympic gold medal before and they know how to win one," Auriemma said. "We have six who have never played in the Olympics who really want to win one bad. I talked to Diana (Taurasi) yesterday and I think this team is as focused and as intent on not only winning a gold medal but doing something that has never been done before."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home