Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Auriemma excited to work clinic with a legend

Geno Auriemma was so fired about about being asked with conduct a clinic in Chicago with legendary former Indiana men's basketball coach Bobby Knight that he posted about it on his official twitter account.

As the festivities at yesterday's Big East women's basketball media days were winding down I asked Auriemma about the excitement level of being able to work and teach alongside Knight in late April.


"I have probably seen him in coach's clinics when he used to do them every year," Auriemma said. "When he was in Indiana and did them every year I'll bet you I saw him 25-30 times. I always got something new out of it, I always got a kick out of it. When I was approached to do it, just the two of us I thought 'man, how does it get any better than that?'

"When I go to these things, even if I am speaking at one of these things I probably take more notes than the guys who are sitting there so I am going to use this as an opportunity to learn a little bit about stuff that I have no idea (about), I want to know more than what I know now I have a feeling that those couple of days in Chicago I am going to learn a lot."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Genosguy said...

Two legends working side by side. I bet each gets something they didn't know or forgotten from the clinic.

Bobby Knight, with all the smoke around him, was/is on of my all time favorite coaches. The Chair throwing thing was a bit much. But the kid that got him ejected from Indiana made much to do about nothing. But the AD was ready to replace Knight and knew the Alums would not stand for it, so this was concocted to oust him.
Geno is the greatest living BB coach, bar none, Bob is a close second. Those that know him like him.

3:55 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home