Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Years at BU were "positive experience" for UConn assistant

Although Marisa Moseley didn't play for current Boston University head coach Kelly Greenberg and did not have the scouting responsibilities, it was still special for UConn assistant coach Marisa Moseley to go up against her alma mater.

"I had a great four year experience," said Moseley, who played for the Terriers from 2000-04 after was the third all-time leader in blocked shots when she graduated. "It was close to home for me and I got to play quite a bit from freshman year on and I had a great coaching staff and it was a good, all-around positive experience."

Moseley was on the BU team which lost to UConn 91-44 in the first round of the 2003 NCAA tournament. The junior forward had six points, four rebounds and three assists.

"I remember we got blown out by about 40 points, it was a real intimidating place to come into at Gampel but it was exciting," Moseley said. "I like to say that they had to go through BU.

"Kelly has done an awesome job with the program. I think she has pushed the program, they had an undefeated (conference) season a couple years ago and they were awesome. it was good. It changed my life and gave me an opportunity, it afforded me to come and work here."

Moseley, who is in her fifth season as an assistant at UConn, works with the post players so I asked her for her thoughts on how well junior Kiah Stokes has been playing.

"Her biggest thing has been consistency since she has gotten here, there was never a question of whether she had the skill or ability," Moseley said. "She is extremely cerebral and she knew what we needed her to do but it was just pushing through and now that she has risen to that (level) she needs to stay there to give us even more. You never want injury but if you are going have people step up and she has taken advantage of it and so has Brianna Banks and that is what you want.

"I just love her since I was recruiting her, she gets along with everyone,will do anything for any of her teammates and what they need now is for her to be consistent."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home