Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Banks eager to get back on court for UConn

After missing the last two games due to continuing issues with her troublesome left ankle, Brianna Banks returned to the practice court with a new ankle brace and desire to put her ankle issues behind her.

After practicing on a limited basis on Wednesday when she was prohibited from taking part in defensive drills, Banks practiced with fewer restrictions on Friday and is set to go full speed ahead today before returning to the court when UConn plays at South Florida on Sunday.

"I'm taking all the precautions I can and we have a new ankle brace so I am not planning on spraining it anytime soon," Banks said.

One of those precautions is a different type of brace as the one she was wearing simply wasn't getting the job done.

"It is more of lace up one to give me more support around the whole ankle instead of just on the side of the
ankle," Banks said.

With Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis out indefinitely due to mononucleosis, Banks has a chance to start in her place as she did earlier in the season.

"Stuff does happen and we always seem to get hurt around the same time but I am just looking to get back on the court and get some minutes," Banks said.

With a week between games, Banks had a few extra days to get the treatment on her ankle she needed to return to practice.

"Everything felt good. I guess it came at the perfect time," Banks said. "I could afford to sit out instead of us having a lot of games. I am not even thinking about my ankle right now. I am trying to develop my game and get right so I can play for my teammates so I can help them win."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

UConn is not going to win a NC with only 4 players scoring 60+ points. Chong played 37 minutes, took 3 shots, and scored 0 points. How is that possible, considering UConn has the greatest coaching staff in the world? I can see Louisville, North Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee and Notre Dame doubling up on Stewart and forcing Chong to win the game with her set shot.

Banks is clearly in the dog house, if another player can come up empty in 37 minutes. Chong is UConn's only freshman, to make matters worse. When Dolson and Hartley graduate, UConn will return to the glory days in between Taurasi and Maya. Great team for any other program, but never contending for a NC.

This is what happens when Geno keeps telling the world he only wants 7 healthy players.

6:58 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home