Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Bria Hartley's thoughts on Morgan Tuck's recovery, Geno's failing voice

Senior guard Bria Hartley was the last of the unfortunate souls left to answer questions from the media after tonight's win over Cincinnati when I asked her about a couple of subjects that had little to do with the convincing win.

First, she gave her thoughts on teammate Morgan Tuck, who underwent season-ending surgery on her right knee on Thursday.

"She’s going to have to rehab really hard," Hartley said. "I just want her to come back really strong. I know she’s going to work really hard. She’s the type of kid that always does and she’s going to come back strong. That’s all you can really hope for next year. I hope I can come and catch a couple games."

When Geno Auriemma came into the media room for the press conference, it was painful listening to his raspy voice so I also asked her if she prefers when her coach loses his voice.

"Yeah," Hartley said with a laugh. "He was talking and I said 'did you lose your voice there?' because he was trying to yell at us. I hope he feels better."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home