Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

UConn's Dolson setting the standard

When Stefanie Dolson signed her national letter of intent her goal was to help UConn add to it national championship haul. She didn't give any thoughts to starting more games than any other player in program history.

Yet, when the ball tips off tonight, she will match Renee Montgomery's program record by starting her 148th career game. That also is tied for second on the NCAA career list with Montgomery and former Baylor star Brittney Griner. Stanford's Kayla Pedersen started a record 150 games.

"I think coming here I just wanted to win a national championship," Dolson said. "I didn't think about awards because I didn't know what I could do. I didn't know the potential that I had until I came here and I saw what I could do and Coach (Geno Auriemma) saw it too, he helped me reach that potential.

"It is something I was proud of that they were able to trust me and it is a pretty special thing. I don't think everybody notices it but I am proud of that because coming in as a freshman, I didn't know I would be starting so it pretty special."

LIVE BLOG FOR TONIGHT'S GAME
We will have a live blog up and running for tonight's game against Saint Joseph's.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home