Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Tonight Show featuring Stefanie Dolson?

Stefanie Dolson is no stranger to makes a splash with the media but when The Tonight Show's Jimmy Fallon mentioned her by name and said he would be up to a 1-on-1 showdown with the All-American center, Dolson was nearly speechless.

During a WNBA pre-draft conference call, she was asked about being featured in the monologue and she was still stunned by it all.

"It was definitely surprising especially since last year Ellen never contacted me so I was a little upset about that one," Dolson said with a laugh. "Jimmy Fallon, the fact that he said something about our team and kind of called me out personally, it was pretty cool. I was really excited last night and I am trying to see if I can get there. I am hoping to bring the whole team that way the whole team can  be there so it was pretty special."

There's been some rumblings that the showdown would not be on a basketball court but with an Xbox.

"Basketball, yeah but video games I am terrible at Xbox," Dolson said. "Terrible."

This all started after the national championship game when during a live TV interview when she said to President Obama "we're baaaack" and challenged him to a dance off and then she said "Jimmy Fallon, hit me up."

Fallon congratulated UConn on last night's show and then played video of the aforementioned interview. THen he said 'hit me up? I hear you Stefanie that is why I invite you here to play a 1 on 1 basketball game." Then Fallon covered his mouth and said "on the Xbox."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home