Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Ankle injury to keep UConn commit out of 3x3 tournament

After being named to the U-17 national team, UConn commit Katie Lou Samuelson was wearing a UConn sweatshirt but also a walking boot on her injured ankle.

The injury, suffered in a Sunday night scrimmage at the U.S. Olympic Training Center, didn't keep her from making the U.S. team competing in the FIBA U-17 World Championships but it did knock her out of the upcoming U.S. U18 3x3 national tournament. Natalie Chou is expected to replace her on the team favored to win the title.

While Samuelson is disappointed that she won't be able to be on the same 3x3 team with fellow UConn commits De'Janae Boykin and Napheesa Collier and UConn recruiting target Arike Ogunbowale, she knows getting healthy is tops on her priority list.

So how did the injury occur?

"I stepped on my teammate's foot as I was closing out for the ball and I went down," Samuelson said. "Little tweaks but this is the first time I ever sprained it. It hurt when it first happened. I didn't think it was bad but I tried to get up and I couldn't walk, it is pretty swollen. I am going to listen to what they said, just go home and see how it is. I think I am going to get an MRI and everything turns out well."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home