One UConn winning streak flying under the radar
The win at Notre Dame was the 27th consecutive road win in a row and ironically, the streak also began against Notre Dame on Dec. 6, 2014. The Huskies would win their final 10 road games in the 2014-15 season (the Maggie Dixon Classic game against St. John's in Madison Square Garden counts as a neutral-court game), 15 more wins would follow last season. According to the NCAA record book, that would be tied for the third longest streak in NCAA Division I women's basketball history. However, I went over this time after time and for some reason the 33-game road winning streak the Huskies had from 2001-04 isn't listed.
This is all very unofficial because anybody who has read this blog on a regular basis knows my math isn't always reliable but here's a look at the longest road winning streaks in NCAA Division I women's basketball history.
1. UConn 33 (started on Feb. 7, 2001 at Virginia Tech, ended at Notre Dame on Jan. 13, 2004)
2. UConn 30 (started on Feb. 9, 2007 at Seton Hall, ended at Stanford on Dec. 30, 2010)
2. Notre Dame 30 (started on Nov. 23, 2012 at Creighton, ended at Miami on Jan. 8, 2015)
4. Baylor 28 (started on Feb. 27, 2011 at Oklahoma, ended at Kansas on Jan. 5, 2014)
5. UConn 27 (started on Dec. 6, 2014 at Notre Dame)
5. Stanford 27 (started on Xavier on Nov. 25, 2011, ended at UConn on Nov. 11, 2013)