Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Former UConn star Morgan Tuck close to returning to court

Former UConn star Morgan Tuck missed her eighth straight game with the Connecticut Sun due to a bone bruise.

Tuck said before Tuesday night's game against defending WNBA champion Los Angeles that she is nearing a return to the court. Tuck also pointed out that the bone bruise issue she is dealing with is not related in any way to the problems she as a sophomore at UConn when she underwent season-ending surgery due to pain in her knee.

"It is different," Tuck said. "It is a bone bruise so it is not anything that they'd have to go and have surgery, it is really just rest. That is basically what I have been doing is resting it and it will heal itself. It is just a bruise and not in the joint so it is not something that is taking a lot of pounding or anything like that. If I am going to have an injury, this one is not too bad to have."

Tuck can't pinpoint what caused the bone bruise but she is eager to be back on the court soon.

"I think I am really close to being back, I am feeling good," Tuck said. "I just have to make sure I am getting some court time before I try to get back in the game. I know a lot of people have been asking me when I am going to be back but we are playing really well so I want to make sure I am ready when I get out there."

Tuck loves what she has seen from the Sun, winners of five in a row before Sunday's loss at Dallas.

"We are playing team basketball," Tuck said. "JJ (Jonquel Jones) is playing amazing, she is showing what she can do and she is playing her game. I think what is making her successful is we are playing team basketball, you'll see five or six players in double figures in games that we are winning so for us, we have kind of figured out how we have to play to be successful and that is not a one-man show but everybody contributing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home