Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Bidding adieu to UConn women's basketball fans

I have some news to report. After having the pleasure of covering 15 Final Four and nine national championship teams in the 16 seasons that I have been the primary beat writer for the UConn women's basketball program, my role is changing.

I've been balancing the coverage of the UConn football and women's basketball beats for the last six seasons but with the New Haven Register now part of the Hearst Connecticut Media organization, a decision has been made to split up the UConn coverage. As a result, I will continue in my role handling the day to day coverage of the UConn football program while Doug Bonjour (@DougBonjour) will be providing coverage of the women's basketball program beginning with Monday when the team (with the exception of Batouly Camara who will be in class during both periods when there will be media availability) will be available to the media at the annual Geno Auriemma Fore the Kids charity golf tournament.

Thanks to everybody who has followed along over the years and I'm sure you'll enjoy reading Doug's  coverage of what should be a very exciting upcoming season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home