Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Friday, January 30, 2009

D.C. bound

As I wait to board my flight, figured I could do a little housecleaning, UConn women's basketball blog style.

First, the pairing for the Indiana state tournament were released on Thursday. UConn signee Kelly Faris's Heritage Christian's bid for a 4-peat in Class 2A will begin in the Triton Central Regional. Heritage Christian received a first-round bye and will face either host Triton Central or Indian Creek in its state tournament opener. The regional runs from Feb. 9-14. Faris was one of the 111,265 players nominated to the McDonald's All-American team. OK, I exaggerated, only 111,264 made the cut. Wake me up when they cut the list under 100.

Sheronne Vails, a 6-foot-4 forward at Arundel High in Gambrills, Md., will be at Saturday's UConn/Georgetown game with her family. However, don't expect to be reading about her take on the game or UConn. I reached out to Sheronne's mother to see if they would be willing to speak to me before the game but she said she would prefer to just watch the game without dealing with any of the recruiting hoopla. I plan on honoring her request.

With Auburn's loss to Georgia on Thursday, UConn is the only undefeated team remaining in Division I basketball.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home