Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Rocking and rolling

As I was wolfing down my meal at the Hard Rock Cafe, which it were any closer to my hotel the patrons would be knocking on my door asking to use the bathroom, and if my eyes didn't deceive me - the stars of tomorrow were in the next room.

It certainly looked to me as if I saw Skylar Diggins and Kelsey Bone emerging from the back room dressed in their white warmup suits. Naturally, I am assuming coke and sprite were the preferred beverages for 20 players selected to play in tomorrow's game.

Is it just me or is there another team in women's basketball making more news today than Rutgers - and they aren't even playing in the Final Four.

Among the items out there is that head coach C. Vivian Stringer has been selected to the Naismith Hall of Fame (the entire class will officially be announced on Monday), first-year assistant coach Clarissa Davis-Wrightsil is leaving to move back to her native Texas and freshman forward Brooklyn Pope is transferring.

I actually noticed that the news of Davis-Wrightsil's resignation was put up on the Rutgers official website yesterday. On a personal note, I had the chance to sit down her Davis-Wrightsil, who was a freshman on Texas' 1985-86 team which finished the season with a perfect 34-0 record, at the Big East tournament.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home