Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Geno's take on All-Stars

One of the first things I did when I got word that Asjha Jones, Diana Taurasi and Charde Houston were named as reserves for Saturday's WNBA All-Star Game was fire off an e-mail to UConn coach Geno Auriemma.

I figured I would post his reply:

"It's pretty amazing. I'm not surprised at all. These women were the best in the country in college and now they have become the best in the pros. I'm proud of them and how hard they have continued to work. It says a lot about them and how we prepare players here at UConn."

There will be more on UConn's five WNBA All-Stars (Sue Bird and Swin Cash were voted by the fans to be Western Conference starters) in tomorrow's edition of the Register.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home