Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The greatest loss

As some of you may have noticed, I have not posted an entry since Wednesday and you will not be a story coming out of me from the games Norfolk, Virginia this week.

I had a flight, hotel and was all set to embark for Virginia until my life was about to be shaken to its core and my heart broken when I received the news that my sister, who has not had an easy run in her life, died on Tuesday night at the age of 46. Naturally all my energy since that time has been focused completely and entirely on giving her the farewell that she deserved.

That came yesterday afternoon at Farwell Funeral Home in Nashua, N.H. Outside of finishing up a story on Tiffany Hayes which ran in today's paper, I have not been in UConn women's basketball mode since I received word of my sister's death. It will probably be a couple more days before I am in a state of mind when I can throw myself back into my work. I will not be in attendance at Tuesday's second-round game but have every intention of making the trip to Dayton on Friday assuming UConn wins on Tuesday and will follow UConn's quest for a seventh national title from that point on.

I don't really have much else to say at the current time but felt the readers of this blog deserved an explanation for my absence from the Norfolk subregional and lack of diligence in maintaining this blog.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

6:46 PM 
Anonymous Ian said...

My condolences to you and your family.

12:37 AM 
Anonymous Dan said...

Jim heartfelt condolences and wishes to you and yours in this tough time. I know from your words that you shared much with your sister and that is a memory you will have forever. For those of us who follow your blog, please know how much joy and fun you bring to our lives. We look forward to reading your words and I hope knowing how much you mean will allow you to carry on stronger. God bless.

9:42 AM 
Blogger Bruiser said...

Jim, so sorry to hear about your loss. Take your time and get back to the Huskies when you feel up to it. I think they'll be playing for a few more weeks. Again, so sorry.

1:28 PM 
Blogger Jim Fuller said...

Thanks to everybody who reached out to me regarding the passing of my sister.

6:41 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home