Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Hammond decision to come tomorrow

I just heard back from the father of UConn recruiting target Sara Hammond. Eddie Hammond said that Rockcastle County High School is planning a 10 a.m. press conference tomorrow where Hammond will announce whether she is committing to either UConn or Louisville.

While I have done my best to provide accurate and timely updates on Hammond, a highly-touted 6-foot-2 senior forward, I can't promise that I'll have anything up quickly tomorrow since 10 a.m. is also the time that the funeral of my 17-year-old niece will be starting in New Hampshire. While I know many readers of this blog and quite exuberant in their thirst for recruiting updates, I hope they will understand that tomorrow being there for my brother and his wife is significantly more important to me than rushing to a computer to put up a blog or story on whether Sara Hammond will be joining Brianna Banks and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis as part of UConn's next reccruiting class. At some point tomorrow I will have the info up on Sara's decision but it likely won't be done as quickly as it would on a normal day.

4 Comments:

Blogger TJ said...

My deepest condolensences to you and your family. We (the UConn nation) completely understand. Family is way more important than any job, game, or (especially) recruiting decision.

8:50 AM 
Anonymous UConn Steve said...

It will be the little things
that you will remember,
the quiet moments,
the smiles, the laughter.
And although it may seem
hard right now,
it will be the memories
of these little things
that help to push
away the pain
and bring the smiles
back again.

9:11 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss of that child. Take all the time you need to grieve and to assist your relatives in beginning to make it through such painful grief.

Don't think about sports. Your readers completely understand.

10:14 AM 
Blogger Brad Wright said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for all that you do for us Husky Fans.

12:12 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home