Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Unchartered territory

I always find it somewhat comical asking UConn players about any losses they have dealt with as basketball players because the taste of defeat is just not something they have much if any experience win.

Case in point, today I asked Tiffany Hayes and then Kelly Faris about the last time they lost a home game since it hasn't happened during their time at UConn.

Hayes paused for a couple of seconds before answering.

"I don't think ...," Hayes said. "They (the four losses she suffered while in high school) were all away. I only lost four games, two were in other gyms and two where at (neutral sites)."

She was asked whether she thought that was a remarkable achievement never having lost a home game as either a high school or college player.

"Yeah."

As for Faris, she knows her Heritage Christian team lost to Bolingbrook (Ill.) when she was a senior but is fuzzy on the location of the game.

"I am trying to remember if I lost one in my senior year? I don't know, it might have been my senior year at home but I don't remember."

Hayes was accompanied by a cameraman as well as reporter Dianna Russini today and will be the subject of a piece on the senior guard during NBC Connecticut's 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. telecasts.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Don Guarino said...

Jim, that was a devastating loss for the the women. My wife and I saw the piece that Dianna Russini did and we both thought that Tiffany was truly a role model for Women's Basketball. You could tell she warmed up to Dianna because usually when I see her interviews she is shy. We laughed about her refrence to Diana Turasi. Well done. I hope they can recover from last night and go all the way for Hayes.-Don

11:04 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home