Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Mosqueda-Lewis happy to be back on court


Even before Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis was asked to do a routine task by UConn athletic trainer Rosemary Ragle after taking a blow to the head in the Paradise Jam, she knew all was not right. However, she didn't fully comprehend who out of sorts she was until she attempted to name to months backyards.


"The first thing that happens to me is everything was really blurry, noises were really loud, lights hurt my eyes and I felt kind of out of it," Mosqueda-Lewis said after Sunday's practice. "I was sitting on the bench watching the game you could tell something was off. You just feel weird.

"It was bad. I forgot August. I reversed June and July and I think I forgot April. I said 'this is not good.'"

Mosqueda-Lewis, who is UConn's second-leading scorer with an average of 16.2 points per game, missed Wednesday's win over Colgate. She was able to return to practice on Friday and is expected to start in tomorrow's game against Maryland.



Mosqueda-Lewis said this is the third concussion she has suffered but that this was the worst of the three.

"I had one in practice and one in summer," Mosqueda-Lewis said. "This one was probably the worst one we had and the one this summer was pretty bad. I am not so much worried about it, Rosie (Ragle, UConn's athletic trainer) was worried about it. I am letting Rosie worry about that because unless I am breaking something and I can't play for a very long time I am not worried."

Geno Auriemma said that Mosqueda-Lewis, Stefanie Dolson, Kelly Faris, Bria Hartley and Breanna Stewart will start against the Terrapins.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home