Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Geno reacts to latest defection from Big East

Following Wednesday's 101-41 win over Colgate, UConn women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma made his opinion known on Louisville's decision to leave the Big East en route to the Atlantic Coast Conference.


"I think I made a comment last week that if you are going to worry about where you are next, I think you are wasting your time," Auriemma said. "I just wanted to be really good at what I was doing and I knew if I was getting good at what I was doing somebody would want me. That is what way I do things now. I just want to be really good this year. I just want to have a good team, I want my players to play well, I want us to reach our goals. I think (UConn president) Susan (Herbst), (UConn director of athletics) Warde (Manuel) and everybody wants the same thing. We just want to be really good where we are. We just want to win every championship we can in whatever league we are in and whatever happens beyond that is completely out of our control as coaches especially and maybe even as an AD and president. A lot of people think you can politic for this stuff, that is not how it works."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home