Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Uncertainty is frustrating Morgan Tuck

Not knowing exactly when or how she received a very troublesome bone bruise in her right knee is not nearly as annoying to Morgan Tuck as never knowing how her knee is going to feel when she wakes up in the morning.

There are days, like Saturday, when the knee is feeling good enough that she is able to play 23 minutes in a win at Marquette. Unfortunately other times she finds herself unable to practice or play at all.

"It is frustrating because it is kind of a day to day thing," Tuck said. "When I see Rosemary (Ragle), our trainer, she lets me know if I am more limited in practice, if I can practice and how it is looking or how it feels."

Tuck was able to play 20 minutes in four of the Huskies' first six games but since a Nov. 28 game against Colgate, she managed to play at least 20 minutes just once. She also missed three games due to the pain in her right knee. So when she was able to play without restriction against Marquette, Tuck could barely contain her enthusiasm.

"I hate sitting out and having to watch so I was glad my knee was feeling good that day and I was able to get out there and play," Tuck said.

Tuck might have been a little overanxious at first as she uncharacteristically unable to finish in the lane at time. However, she did finish with career highs of nine rebounds and five assists.

"I had to get used to playing against a different team, going up and down and trying to get my wind back," Tuck said. "I think it came with me being out there on the court.

"Coach (Geno Auriemma) told me he wanted me to rebound so that is what I tried to focus on. I definitely could have gotten more rebounds, that was something that I thought I did pretty well."

The good news is that Tuck doesn't believe the bone bruise will be something she will have to deal with throughout her career but it a temporary issue.

"I think it is something that happened this year," Tuck said. "I've never had to deal with a bone bruise before so this is something new. Once it heals, I think I will be good to go."


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home