Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

UConn's Morgan Tuck ready to roll


A frustrating freshman season took a turn for the worst when Morgan Tuck slipped and fell on her way to practice earlier this month. Tuck, coming off a solid 23-minute stint against St. John's on Feb. 2, was held out of the Marquette game after feeling some discomfort in her troublesome right knee the day after having the mishap on the ice.

“There was some ice and I didn't see it and I just went down,” Tuck said. “It led to me finding out better news about my knee so I guess something positive came out of it. They said it is getting better and it is feeling better. It was a minor setback but I was good to go now.”

Tuck, a 6-foot-2 forward from Bolingbrook, Ill. who is averaging 5.6 points and 3.4 rebounds per game, started the season by scoring in double figures in two of her first three games and was being counted on to be a key player off the bench. However, a couple of weeks later she began to experience issues with her right knee.

Tuck had suffered a long-term knee injury when she tore her anterior cruciate ligament while at a U.S. junior national team training camp but the uncertainty of being able to practice sporadically was a completely new experience for her.

“I hated be in one day, out the next day.” Tuck said. “I am glad to get healthy overall. It is something I have never really experience. I have been out for a long time but not in and out so I am excited for the upcoming part of the season because it is the part of the season that really matters.”

Tuck is a versatile and physical post player who offers a different dimension than any of her teammates/

"I think she is really strong," UConn junior guard Bria Hartley said. "She is good at getting offensive rebounds and when we play pickup, the rebounds just come to her all the time and wherever she is, she just rebounds the ball."


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to Jim (and the Register!) for such an excellent series of UConn WCBB interviews throughout this season. Quantity and quality of these very personable interviews has simply been outstanding. Appreciate all the time and effort that obviously goes into supporting us fans!
Arty

7:39 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home