Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Banks ready for next step of recovery


More than a week removed from surgery to repair the torn ACL in her right knee, Brianna Banks is now ready for the next stage of the long road to recovery.

Banks spoke to the media yesterday for the first time since undergoing the surgery on Mar. 14 and is keeping up the same positive attitude she has shown since injuring her knee in a Feb. 2 game against St. John's.

"`I’m doing pretty well," Banks said. "I’m like a week and a day in. So I’m just trying to get my motion in my knee back.

"I’m just more excited for my teammates than anything right now. I’m just happy to cheer them on and keep spirits up on the team.’’

UConn athletic trainer Rosemary Ragle is taking things slow with Banks even though she has no history of knee issues. The plan is that she won't be back on the basketball court in six month. Banks has plenty of work to do over those six months.

"I spend everyday in there (the training room), about two-and-half hours pretty much the same time they practice," Banks said. "But I’ll get there.

"I just never thought it would have happened, But it has so I’ve just got to make the best of it."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home