Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Sunday, December 01, 2013

Dulin eager to get back on court for Marist

Former Law High star Casey Dulin had a multitude of scenarios of how her final season at Marist was going to transpire but not one of them included missing the first seven games due to injury.

However, that it exactly what Dulin is dealing with. The good news is that she said she is nearing a return to the court.

"I will be back pretty soon, I am feeling pretty good so I am excited," Dulin said after Marist defeated St. Bonaventure in the Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Challenge at the MassMutual Center in Springfield.

"Of course it is frustrating with it being my senior year, nobody wants to miss any games but I think the team has been doing really well. I think it being my senior year and knowing I have no years left, it is hard to see them (play) but watching them win is great

"With me sitting out I try to be a coach to them too, I try to help Nat (Natalie Gomez-Martinez), Brit (Brittni Lai) at the point guard position so I try to give them pointers and try to cheer on my team and do everything I can."

Missing Sunday's game was tough for Dulin.

"I would have loved to have played in this game because sophomore year we lost to them in the second round of the NCAAs," Dulin said. "We finally beat them, it was the first time beating them since I have been at Marist. It was hard to watch but I was proud of them."

Dulin has been a starter for the Red Foxes as a sophomore and junior and has started 57 games at Marist playing for the MAAC powerhouse.

"I love it, if I could go back three/four years I don't think I would change my decision," Dulin said, "Marist is like another home to me. I think the community around Marist is great, the fans that travel for us are better here and we have great support."

Dulin, an education major, isn't sure what's next for her but she said playing overseas is an option she would consider.

"We'll see where this year takes us and see if my body can handle it but I am not ready to give it up so I will try," Dulin said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home