Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Friday, January 10, 2014

UConn's Tuck day to day with more knee issues

If Morgan Tuck thought her knee issues were in her rear-view mirror after undergoing surgery in mid- November, she was mistaken.

While going up for a layup in Tuesday's win over Houston she felt some minor pain and after doing a little bit of work in Thursday's practice, she noticed that the knee had swollen up a bit so she was held out of Friday's practice at Webster Bank Arena and is questionable for tomorrow's game against Temple.

"I had a little swelling in my knee so I decided to rest it," Tuck said. "It's a little pain but nothing crazy but the swelling is more of a problem than anything."

 Tuck, who missed eight games after undergoing surgery the day after the win over Stanford, isn't sure if she will play against Temple.

"I will base (her availability) off tomorrow based on how (knee) feels," Tuck said.

"When I wake up and the swelling is down, I think I will be good."

Tuck doesn't view her latest knee issue of being anything close to what she was dealing with in the days leading up to her surgery.

" I don't think it's anything like that, I think it is more of a bump and it is just inflamed but I don't think it will be anything like having to have surgery," Tuck said. "It was just the swelling, they didn't want to overdo it just to make sure it doesn't get any worse, they are just trying to rest to see if the swelling will go down

"It gets frustrating because my knee had been bothering me since last year so it is nothing too bad so it has been worse so it is not as bad as it could be."

UConn coach Geno Auriemma said he feels bad for Tuck who is coming off a 19-point performance against Houston.

"It is still her knee and not that and it is not anything we saw coming or we saw during the surgery," Auriemma said. "I feel bad for her because right after the surgery she was the best she was ever been and that area has been cleaned up completely and this new thing popped up, hopefully it will just be a minor thing so far that is the report I have gotten."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home