Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Saturday, March 01, 2014

Dolson set to join select company at UConn

When Stefanie Dolson signed her letter of intent with UConn she had a well-deserved reputation as an outstanding passer as well as having pretty good range on her jump shot. One of the questions was what kind of rebounder she was going to be at the college level.

Well, with five rebounds today she will become just the fifth UConn player to pull down 1,000 career rebounds and join Tina Charles, Maya Moore and Rebecca Lobo as the only Huskies with 1,500 career points and 1,000 rebounds.

"It is a special moment and special accomplishment ," Dolson said "It is crazy to think I am on the list as any of those players. Those have been some of the greatest players to come through here. I just tried to come in here and get better at everything I could. I am proud of myself for getting to the point I have been able to get to.

"I wasn't thinking about that initially but to know lately that I could get that, it is going to be very exciting for me because I didn't come in as a great rebounder and it is something I worked on and got a lot better at."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home