Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Monday, June 23, 2014

UConn's Tuck gradually working her way back

Seven members of the 2014-15 UConn women's basketball team volunteered at Geno Auriemma's annual charity golf tournament earlier today at the Hartford Golf Club. Naturally the appearance of freshmen Courtney Ekmark, Sadie Edwards and Gabby Williams generated plenty of interest from the assembled media. However, the first player to speak with the media was Morgan Tuck.

Tuck had plenty to talk about since this was the first time we have spoken with her since the end of the 2013-14 season. Tuck was forced to watch the majority of the season from the sidelines after undergoing a pair of knee surgeries. Tuck isn't back doing basketball-related drills yet but she is making steady progress as she aims to be ready to go by the time the first official practice is held in October.

"It feels really good, it feels just like my other knee does," Tuck said. "I can't tell the difference when I am running, I am just tired because I am out of shape. Right now my knee feels the best it has in a very long time, it (stunk) to sit out and miss the majority of the season but I think in the end it was worth it.

"With the ACL I know how it is to be out, I know what it's like to come back from injury when you have been out for a long time. I am going to make sure I work hard during rehab so when I come back I know I am ready.

"I think it was the right decision because now I can have the whole season to try to (play). They told me six months so it would be really close to the beginning of the season. I can't do any cutting, I can do jump shots or anything like that but I do anything too crazy. I am not sprinting yet. I don't have an exact time but I hoping for the end of July where I can go back to fully playing."

While it will be a special day when Tuck is able to practice without restriction, she has other landmarks that she has attained.

"Recently I have been able to start running with my full body weight and to me that was really exciting because I hadn't run in four months, Tuck said. "Right now that is what I am trying to do, build up the amount of running I can do."

Tuck is eligible to reclaim a fifth season of eligibility but that process of having her be granted another season is still going on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home