Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ghost town

Being the team player that I am, I decided to drop my rental car off a little early so my company doesn't get charged for an additional day.

So I arrive at the Morgantown airport around 11:30 and I am the only person here. Both rental car counters are locked up (not that surprising since I had to wait for 45 minutes for the Hertz employee to show up when I arrived on Friday). I have yet to see anybody at the United Airlines front desk. In fact, I was here for a half hour before I laid eyes on another human being. It was a photographer (I assume from a local paper) asking me about arriving flights. I suggested he check the arrival board. I have now been here for more than an hour and have seen four people. Unfortunately none of them work for the airport restaurant because I am extremely hungry.

There is a TV in the waiting area which seems on only get one channel. That's the bad news. The good news is the station is airing the best of Kathy Griffin

Leaving here, I think I will forever consider Tweed-New Haven Airport to be the second coming of JFK compared to this place.

FARIS DELIVERS
UConn signee Kelly Faris scored eight of her 25 points in overtime as her Heritage Christian squad remained undefeated with a 59-48 win over Fishers on Saturday. Faris was 6 for 6 from the line in overtime and also had 10 rebounds as the Indianapolis-based Heritage Christian improved to 14-0.

Faris' future UConn teammate Samarie Walker was not as fortunate as her Chaminade-Julienne squad lost to Detroit Country Day 51-34. Walker had 18 points including 12 of her team's 14 points

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home