Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Johnson commits

Michala Johnson, a 6-foot-3 forward from Montini Catholic High in Lombard, Ill., became the third high school junior to commit to UConn.

I just got off the phone with Montini Catholic coach Jason Nichols who confirmed that Johnson called UConn coach Geno Auriemma during a lunch break and during about a 20-minute conversation, told Auriemma she was committing to UConn.

The original plan was for Johnson to take at least one more campus visit but first thing Monday morning she sought out Nichols to tell him she had made up her mind.

"It was 7:30 in the morning and she said 'I made up my mind, I'm going to UConn,'" Nichols said with a laugh. "I said 'what? I thought you were going to wait?' She said 'I thought it over and I know that's the right place for me.' She said 'I even had dreams about it.' I asked her 'are you feeling OK?' She said 'I'm serious, I had three dreams about it. She said 'I never had a doubt in my mind about UConn, some of the other places I went I had some questions but I didn't have any doubts about UConn.' I told her to chill on it for a couple of days and today she made the call. She called Geno and they had a pretty good conversation."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet... What a class!

Thanks for the latest news on recruiting, as you always do.

8:35 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home