Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Hayes expecting to be back at practice on Thursday

Tiffany Hayes was confident that she would be back at practice on Thursday and will be ready to go in time for UConn's NCAA tournament opener against Prairie View A&M.

Hayes has not practiced since the end of the Big East tournament because of a stress reaction in her right foot but will not practice tomorrow and is walking around with the right foot in a walking boot to protect it.

It is am injury that has bothered her for a few weeks but it wasn't until shortly before the Big East tournament that she mentioned it to the UConn medical staff.

"I usually wait until the last minute, probably not a good idea but usually what is bothering me goes away," Hayes said. "She (UConn athletic trainer Rosemary Ragle) tried to put some stuff in my shoe to help but it wasn't working. "After the tournament I got an MRI to find out what it was now I have to wear this other boot and miss a week.

"I can put weight on it but they don't want me to move it or put too much weight on it to help it heal faster. I think it has been progressive because it is not one time that it started hurting. It is tough because I have never really been hurt and missed a practice before so it would be the absolute worst time for this to happen. I definitely should be back for Saturday."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home