Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Geno gives update on Kiah Stokes

When I caught up with UConn coach Geno Auriemma following a clinic at the DC Armory conducted by him, DePaul coach Doug Bruno and U.S. Olympians Angel McCoughtry, Seimone Augustus, Maya Moore, Lindsay Whalen, Candace Parker and late arrival Swin Cash, one of the subjects I brought up was an update on UConn rising sophomore forward/center Kiah Stokes who underwent surgery to repair of torn tendon in her right foot in early May.


"She is good," Auriemma said. "She got the boot off, rehabs is going great from what I understand. She staryed up at school so she is going to be there for the rest of July and most of August and come practice (in October)  time I would think she would be fine."



I asked if Stokes was ahead of schedule, on schedule or behind schedule.

"Just regular, she hasn't been pressed at all," Auriemma said. "So far, so good no setbacks, no nothing. Everything I've learned is its moving along at the proper pace."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home