Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Whalen looking forward to her first Olympics

In the midst of her ninth WNBA season, former Connecticut Sun guard Lindsay Whalen doesn't fit the profile of the average first-time Olympian.

However when I spoke to Whalen after this morning's clinic at the DC Armory, she didn't even attempt to hide her delight to being a part of the U.S. Olympic squad.


"I am pumped," Whalen said. "I have a lot of excitement and adrenaline going. I am so glad to be a part of this team and a part of this organization. I couldn't wait to get out here after we got our last game done here in Minneapolis and I am excited to get practice going."


Whalen helped the defending WNBA champion Minnesota Lynx head into the Olympic break with a 15-4 record which matches the Connecticut Sun for the best mark in the league.

"I think we have faced some adversity a few weeks ago when we had a tough three-game stretch but I think that made us better," Whalen said. "We had some tough games and were down to eight people for a couple of days. We had some losses and the injuries and we were able to win some games before the break so it was good for us."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home