Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Former UConn standout earning her stripes as a recruiter

Considering the number of years that Temple coach Tonya Cardoza spent in the state of Connecticut as a trusted assistant on Geno Auriemma's staff it would be easy to assume that she was front and center at the recruitment of Career High star Tanaya Atkinson.

However, with Atkinson one of four players to sign with the Owls, Cardoza was quick to credit Temple assistant coach and former UConn forward Willnett Crockett for picking up on the talented Atkinson.

"Will found her," Cardoza said. "She's a great kid who is athletic, can get up and down the floor. We got her up on campus and she  enjoyed her visit, the kids enjoyed meeting her, they got to play with her and enjoyed playing with her. She loved it and I am excited to go watch her, I haven't seen her a lot but what I have seen I have really liked and I think she is going t do some good things for our team.

"I thought she was interested in other schools and she really wanted to come to us and we were lucky to have her because I think she is really going to be good for us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home