Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Relationship with brother special for UConn commit

De'Janae Boykin was loving life while playing for Riverdale Baptist, one of the top girls' basketball program on the Eastern seaboard.

Yet, with one request from one of the people she is closest to was all it took for the UConn commit to transfer to Flowers High.

Boykin's younger brother Joshua was born legally blind and with Joshua feeling a certain sense of trepidation as he embarked on his first year of high school, he asked De'Janae if she could join him at Flowers High.

"My brother is legally blind and he went into his freshman year of high school, he was kind of scared going to high school and he asked me if I could go to school with him," Boykin said. "It was a school down the street and I said 'yes, I'll go to school with you.' It is great to know I am here for him, he is there and I can help him out whenever he needs something.

"We are very independent, we have always been cool and we always fight like brothers and sisters do all the time. It is special because I always see him and if something happens, I have his back the whole way."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home