Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Transfer of Sadie Edwards from UConn to Southern Cal is official

Well, it is official. The University of Southern California website has a story about former UConn guard Sadie Edwards transferring to play for the Trojans.

"I choose USC because I think it's an ideal fit academically and athletically for me," Edwards said in a release on the Trojans' site. "During my visit, my father and I felt at home, which is very important to me since I'll be so far away from my family. I really enjoyed getting to know Coach Cooper, who is a legend and who I know I will learn a ton from. She made me feel at home. I also really liked the girls on the team. They were down to earth, funny, and genuine. I think that it's a great group that I can fit in well with on and off the court. I am looking forward to -- and plan on taking advantage of -- all the opportunities that come along with being a student-athlete at USC." 

Edwards will enroll at USC in the spring semester which begins on Monday. She will be eligible to play during the spring 2016 semester.

Edwards played in six games and had five points, two rebounds, one assist and one steal in 29 minutes at UConn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home