Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

UConn freshmen "have a lot of personality"

We were able to get Geno Auriemma's thoughts on the three freshmen when he held court with the media at his annual golf tournament on Monday.

Today it was associate head coach Chris Dailey's turn to give her impression of De'Janae Boykin, Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson.

"What I have taken away from the younger players is they have a lot of personality and that is going to be fun to coach," Dailey said after finishing her round in the celebrity pro-am at the Travelers Championship. "I think for us, it is a really long year and we don't do a whole lot at this point because if you start coaching them in June I don't know if they want to listen to you in September, October and November and hopefully we play until April so they got a sense about campus, about academics and workouts. They kind of saw some of the things they needed to work on and showed them how to get better at that but most importantly thy come with a lot of personality which will be fun."

Dailey had a fun day including ending her round in the mini-golf tournament with a hole in one before playing 18 holes in the pro-am.

"I followed the pro's lead and it is all about pace," Dailey said of her ace. "It was fun. It was the easiest hole on the course.

"I get excited about any of that stuff. I was ready to play another round, if you do well you want to play another hole so it was good. I had to carry Geno and Coach Diaco and I did the best I could."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home