Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

UConn unanimous No. 1 team in Coaches Poll

The USA Today Coaches Poll is out and UConn is the No. 1 team, no surprise there. I thought there was a chance South Carolina might steal some No. 1 votes away but the Huskies were the top team on all 32 ballots.

South Carolina, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Baylor round out the top five.

Here's where UConn's regular-season opponents are ranked:
2. South Carolina
3. Notre Dame
6. Maryland
7. Florida State
10. Ohio State
19. South Florida
22. DePaul

The Associated Press (which I vote on) comes out on Nov. 3. The top eight on my ballot is the same as the Coaches Poll except I flipped Florida State and Maryland in the 6/7 spots. The teams on my ballot and in the USA Today poll with the biggest difference of opinion were No. 11 Texas (I placed them at No. 20) and No. 24 Northwestern (15th in my ballot). I also overvalued (if you trust the coaches' opinions) South Florida (13th on my listing) and Mississippi State (who I had in at No. 9). The coaches have much higher opinions of Duke and Arizona State than I did and considering how many people transferred out of North Carolina, I have no idea how they made the top 25.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home