Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Survive and advance

The most humorous line I have heard at the Final Four was not uttered by UConn coach Geno Auriemma - although he has been his entertaining self that's for sure. No, it came courtesy of Debbie Antonelli just before the start of the 4Kay Run Saturday afternoon. Since I was there as a competitor and not a journalist, I can only paraphrase the line but it went something like "my advice to you is find a butt you like and follow it for 2 1/2 miles." Good stuff.

As I watched those people who actually run more than twice in the last five years before they enter a race and saw them preparing to start their watches that I was tempted to pull the monthly planner out of my computer bag to chart my progress.

I did manage to finish the race but it was not pretty.

I couldn't help but notice there was a 16-year-old named Samarie Walker quoted in Sunday's edition of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. I'd have to think it was the same Samarie Walker who orally committed to UConn.

Since my notebook did not make it online, I figured I would let you know what Stanford's Jillian Harmon thought about Jess McCormack, who will be eligible to play at UConn after the fall semester ends in December.

"She is a young player, a great player," said Harmon, who was a teammate of McCormack's on the New Zealand Olympic team. "She has had troubles with injuries but it was fun to play with her. She was at Washington last year (before transferring to UConn) so we had fun talking about that and we joked about her going to UConn a little bit. She definitely has the international style, she can face up and hit the outside jump shot and she is a big girl. If she can get healthy and practice against Tina Charles every day, that will help her."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home