Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Not idle chatter

If Maya Moore had her way, she would be working on her game during her time on the UConn campus.

But after straining her right knee during training for the World University Games, Moore was not only told it was not a good idea for her to play for the U.S. in the tournament but that her knee needed some time to rest.

Moore was told to stay away from basketball activities for six weeks and she will extend her hiatus for a couple additional two week. Moore recently passed the four-week mark of her rest and recovery process or "active rest" as Maya calls it and is planning to cool it for another four weeks which would have her returning to the court either in late August or early September.

"When I first stopped playing, I felt really weird," Moore said. "I don't really feel like myself, I am kind of not in my rhythm but right now I am feeling pretty good. When you haven't played for a while, you kind of try to remember how does it feel to go in the gym for five hours every day. Sit back and realize how much you do put into it when you think about it. It is definitely weird when you don't have that basketball routine, getting that extra sleep the next few weeks."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home