Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Montgomery in thankful mood on Father's Day

Towards the end of my interview with former UConn guard Renee Montgomery before Sunday's game between the Connecticut Sun and Chicago Sky, I asked Montgomery what she would say to her father since the game was played on Father's Day.

Her response was what you would expect coming from her and especially knowing the strong bond she had with both her mother and father.

"I missed him this morning because by the time I woke up, he was already in for church," Montgomery said. "If I could talk to him right now, I would tell him 'I love you and thank you for everything and the reason I am playing in this game today is because of you.' He has always done everything as well as my (mom), he's at every AAU tournament and every day after work he was ready to rebound for me."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home