Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Maya Moore thrilled about chance to play in China

When one opportunity closed in Maya Moore's world another one became available.

Moore, the all-time leading scorer in UConn women's  basketball history, was left in limbo when defending EuroLeague champion Ros Casares folded. Moore was expecting to return to play for the Valencia, Spain team and her agent Lindsay Kagawa went to work finding Moore a landing spot to play in the fall and winter.

Moore, who has always professed a thirst for knowledge and a desire to broaden her horizons, is fired up about the chance to play for Shangxu Xing Rui Flame in Taiyuan, China.


"I am excited" Moore said after Sunday's U.S. national team practice in Washington, D.C.. "I have never been to China, the closest I've been to Asia is Istanbul or Ekateriburg, Russia. It is going to be fun, a new experience. I'll get over there in the fall, just jump in and play basketball and hopefully experience a new culture and continue to grow the game of basketball."

Moore admitted that the uncertainty caused by the financial issues Ros Casares was dealing with caused a little bit of chaos in her world.

"It was (crazy), it threw a little wrench into the flow of things," Moore said. "I have faith that the Lord is organizing my steps and  I have great people working for me with my agent doing her job and everybody on that team doing their job so it would work out for me as far as where I am playing and the timing of actually getting over the China will be cool. I know there are a lot of basketball fans, a lot of Jordan fans, a lot of good fans in China so I am excited to see that and hopefully grow it."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home