Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

UConn, Baylor in fundraising race; Montgomery re-signed


The UConn and Baylor programs are involved in a competition to raise the most money for the Kay Yow Cancer Fund by the time the teams play on Feb. 18.

Fans of the Huskies can text HUSKIES to 85944 to donate $10, or visit www.Play4Kay.org/uconnhuskies to make a donation online.

MONTGOMERY RE-SIGNS WITH SUN
Former UConn star Renee Montgomery signed a three-year contract extension with the Connecticut Sun.


As per team policy, terms were not released.

“I'm very excited and blessed to continue my journey with the Connecticut Sun,” Montgomery said in a statement. “Connecticut fans seem to have adopted me, and I love it here as my second home. I’ve heard so many great things about our new coach, Anne Donovan, and I look forward to working with her.”

In three seasons, Montgomery has appeared in all 102 games with 57 starts, averaging 13.2 points and 3.9 assists with 174 three-pointers. She earned her first All-Star selection in 2011, and was the WNBA Sixth Woman of the Year Award winner in 2012.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Renee stays with the CT Sun for 3 more years. But signing her also makes it easier to trade her, since teams would not have to negotiate. I would not be shocked to see the CT Sun trade multiple players and/or draft picks for Skylar Diggins this year or to get themselves a better shot at Sims next year.

10:54 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home