Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

UConn's Samuelson to be reunited with one of her mentors

The date of the actual first meeting with California AAU icon Russ Davis escapes UConn freshman Katie Lou Samuelson. But there is denying how excited she is that Davis' Vanguard University team in the final preseason game.

Samuelson watched some of the Cal Swish games when Davis  coached her older sisters.

 "I was really young, I wasn't even playing Swish but my sisters were so probably before 10 years old," Samuelson said. "He has really taught me a lot about basketball and I am excited to get out there and be able to play against him.

"He has been there for me and helped me get through some things by being very hard on me and pushing me so I don't  think I could be in the position I am today without having him and a lot of other people in my life."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home