Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Report: UConn's Manuel to be named AD at Michigan

Just made my way from Dallas to Tulsa and of course the big news are the reports of Warde Manuel taking the job as the athletic director at Michigan.

While I am sure we will bring up the subject of his boss leaving UConn later on today when UConn plays at Tulsa, Auriemma did weigh in on his relationship with Manuel after Saturday's game at SMU.

"My relationship with Warde professionally is as good if not better than any relationship I've ever had with any AD," Auriemma said. "My relationship with him personally is as good if not better than any relationship I've ever had with any AD. I think he's done a phenomenal job with the coaches. Where we were to where we are right now and he might still be our AD for the next 10 years. Whether it is the one people are talking about, Michigan, or some place else, he is always going to be in the news. His name is always going to be up there and we should hope that it is because that would mean he is really good at what he does and people want him. If we have an AD or coach that nobody wants than we should be thinking 'maybe this guy or this woman is not that good.' So to sit there and say we are disappointed if his name comes up ...

"I look at it as everybody has to do what's in the best interest for them, their family, their future, their careers.  All the people that Warde as our AD should be happy if he stays and they should be happy if he goes. I personally really enjoy his company and really enjoy what he has meant to our program."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Joe said...

I suppose the question now on everyone's minds will be, "what are the chances of UConn joining the Big 10 now?"

11:46 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home